This stuff is my newest addiction! A few weeks ago I ordered Nikki’s coconut butter on Amazon and have been hooked ever since. But $14 for a 12 oz jar is pretty expensive. So thankfully, I found a much cheaper way to make it myself, for around $3 a 12 ounce jar. And with a vitamix, it literally only takes about a minute to make! I have seen quite a few recipes for coconut butter, but they either have too much honey or require you to blend it in food processor for 15-20 minutes. I only added a tablespoon of honey, and thought it was just the right amount of sweetness, but you can add another tablespoon if you like it sweeter. Also, I used half black cocoa powder for a more intense chocolate flavor. It tastes like a cross between a macaroon and a brownie.. I love to eat it with a spoon right out of the jar!
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, separated
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, (I used half black and half regular)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- Add one tablespoon of the melted coconut oil and the shredded coconut to a Vitamix, or other high speed blender and blend until combined. (You may need to scrape sides with spatula)
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the blender and blend until combined.