I am in love with my new spiralizer! It is so easy to use and so fun to make pasta using veggies. I have made alot of zucchini noodles with it and tonight I tried sweet potato noodles- and they rock! I used steamed cauliflower as a base to my sauce, which is meant to replace alfredo. I added in two roasted peppers for an extra depth of flavor, but you can leave it out and it will still be delicious. This was really filling and did an excellent job satisfying my pasta craving!
Inspired by this recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 oz package of mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Steam your cauliflower until fully cooked.
- Process your sweet potatoes with your spiralizer to make your noodles, and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a large skillet and start cooking your noodles over medium heat.
- While noodles are cooking, you can make the sauce. In a food processor or blender, blend together the cauliflower, red peppers (if using), garlic, nutritional yeast, one tablespoon oil and salt and pepper until it turns into a smooth sauce.
- As the noodles start to get soft you can add in the mushrooms and cook until they are both soft, but do not overcook or the noodles will get soggy.
- Add in the sauce and heat everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.