So far I have loved all the paleo recipes I have tried using cashews/cashew butter. I was so excited to find raw cashew pieces for only $4.80 a pound at a local Amish grocery store. So I came up with this recipe trying to find ways to use them up. I love that these mini muffins are so easy, have only 5 ingredients and only take a couple minutes to make. And you don’t have to hassle with buying expensive almond butter or making it from scratch. I just pour really hot water over my cashews and let them sit for an hour and then they’re soft and ready to use!
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1½ tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cashews, almond milk and eggs in high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add banana and coconut flour and blend until combined.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake for about 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Makes about 14 mini muffins)