I’m on day 2 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox and really wanted something more exciting than eggs this morning.. so I came up with this amazing biscuit recipe. It is light and has a little bit of crispiness on the edges, and the garlic makes it tastes amazing. I just added a fried egg and some turkey bacon and turned it into a yummy breakfast sandwich! I love biscuits and have tried many, but this is the best low carb/grain free/gluten free/starch free biscuit I’ve had yet. I buy my psyllium husk powder here on amazon. This stuff works magic in grain free/low carb baking, so if you don’t have it- get it!
|Grain Free Garlic Biscuit|
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of cold organic shortening or butter
- Preheat to 350.
- Pulse the almond flour, pysllium and butter or shortening together in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse together until its all combined.
- Form 4 biscuits and bake on a greased baking sheet for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.