This is a delicious and filling recipe that my mom and I came up with one night. So easy and you don’t miss the pasta at all!
- 1¼ pounds grass fed ground beef
- 29 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups mozzerella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried italian herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven t o350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; season with sea salt while cooking.
- Saute the zucchini and olive oil over medium heat in a separate skillet for about 10 -15, or until tender.
- Evenly spread out the zucchini in the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Layer it with the beef, then tomato sauce, then dried herbs (if using), and then the mozzerella cheese.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes; then another 10 minutes uncovered.
First add the zucchini…
Then the ground beef..
Then the sauce…
Then the cheese.. and it’s ready!