This is such an easy and healthy side dish to go with fish or chicken. I love cauliflower and all of the things you can do with it! And for those don’t like cauliflower, I promise this does not taste like it. With all the spices and the way it is cooked, it really does taste like couscous. I just added some of my favorite spices that I had on hand, but you can experiment and use whatever spices you like. I love the different textures in this too with the crunchy pine nuts and sweet raisins. Hope you love this too!
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Shred one cauliflower at a time in a large food processor, and pour into large bowl.
- Add all of the spices to the cauliflower and stir until combined.
- Place large skillet over medium heat and add two tablespoons olive oil.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pine nuts, parsley and raisins; cook for a couple more minutes.
*For AIP, omit the coriander, smoked paprika and pine nuts.